I recently wrote an article for Buzzfeed with the title of '16 reasons you must visit the Isle of Wight this summer'. Within 12 hours it had been deleted and my account removed.
Initially I assumed there weren't enough cats or LOLs but it turns out it was too much of an advert for the Isle of Wight. To be fair, it was.
Anyway, here's a very similar guide which I can happily host on my own blog.
1. The sun will shine, because the Isle of Wight gets 500 hours a year more sunshine than London.
3. ...and so is David Guetta
4. We've also got festivals celebrating our love of garlic...
5. ...and campervans...
6. ...and Jason Donovan.
7. If you've got a yacht you can turn up your collar and join the world's largest yachting regatta...
8. ...or race around the Island with 1500 other yachts...
9. ...or play cricket in the Solent.
10. And whilst we don't have Bestival anymore, we do have a fringe festival in a Victorian seaside resort...
11. ...and there's a new festival in September on Bestival's former site.
12. You can learn to surf...
13. ...jump off a cliff...
14... kayak into smuggler's caves...
15. ...or just have a cup of tea by the seaside
16. There are loads of quirky places to stay...
17. ...and it's only two hours from London
Isle of Wight Guru's Blog
Tales of Isle of Wight days out, attractions and ferry discounts from a Wightophile
Where to stay
Some of the links on this site are 'affiliate links' meaning we may receive commission from accommodation providers at no cost to the buyer. We are also an Amazon Associate and earn from qualifying products.
However, we maintain full editorial control and only recommend based on merit rather than whether they offer commission.
© COPYRIGHT 2020. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.